Sunday, January 18, 2009

14th Annual Swap Meet

What an awesome day! There were 30 vendors that attended my 14th annual swap meet my largest event to date! Usually the vendors are located in the grassy area of the Women's Club but this year the yard filled up very quickly so the vendors spread out along the sidewalk area next to the building turning the corner with more spaces in front of the Club.

The workshops were full and even the dancers who were on the waitlist got in to enjoy the classes. I started the morning out with combinations only 3 this year and thank goodness I kept it to 3 we just had enough time to learn all 3. The combos I taught were not short they were all 32 counts in length with twist and turns to challenge every dance level.

Holly taught Pops-N-Locks with Morgiana following with Single Veil and Carrie Konyha ending the day with Shimmy Variations and Layering. I heard great reviews about all the workshops. A huge thank you to all my workshops instructors you rocked the house!!!!

Below are photos from the day that my husband took. He was such an enormous help that day as he is every year. I can't say enough about this wonderful man I married.











We are going to do this all over again on October 10th with an added feature an evening show. We are going to make an entire day of it!!!

Class’s start this week, it's been such a long break between sessions; can't wait to see everyone. All the choreographies are ready to go, ladies hope you like them :-)

I'm starting a new class on Thursday mornings from 9 - 10 in my home studio. I'm limiting this class to 5-6 people and it's full! We will be working on technique and combination moves for the next 6 weeks.

I'm also going to be teaching a new class at Venture Out in Mesa. Classes start this week and will run for 6 weeks also. This is going to be one very busy dance week; yikes!!!

This Saturday will be a full day with teaching a card class, a rehearsal for Dooby’s and performing at Maui Wowi.

I’m excited for the card class we will be making the CD books, vintage valentine cards and small boxes filled with candy. I love making the CD books and seeing the artistic creations everyone makes. There will be 6 of us enjoy the day of crafting.

Enjoy your week...

No comments: