Sunday, September 28, 2008

Busy dance weekend


Where is time going it's been so long since my last post I can't believe it! Life has really been busy with classes, having sales in my eBay store, new orders coming in, greeting card orders, card class, kitchen remodel and dancing.


The weekend started out on Friday night when I taught a card class for 12 wonderful ladies, what a great evening of fun. Thanks Amber for hosting the night. These crafty women breezed through the 2 Christmas cards, Christmas microscope ornament and surprise box. This is the second card class I have taught and we are growing each time. We do this every 3 months and it's so much fun!!!

Below are the two Christmas cards we made. The first card is a snowman shaker card with dry embossing and the second card is a pinwheel card with a microscope slide embellishment with micro bead frame.




Saturday I had the opportunity to take a dance workshop from Carrie Konyha at the new Playa de Anaya studio. Excellent workshop! The topic was Drum Rhythm Dance Combinations and I loved it. My only complaint 2 hours wasn't long enough!!! :-) We covered 4/4, 2/4 and 8/4 rhythms plus putting the combos and ideas into a drum solo. It was so nice to take a workshop for a change and work on cabaret moves and style.


The workshop ended at 5:30 and it was a rush home to get ready to perform at Maui Wowi with Rachel and Melissa. We performed a dance I taught a year ago to the Blues Bros. version of "Do You Love Me". What a fun routine this dance is and my partners in this dance were awesome! Enjoy the clip below of our performance. Thanks ladies let's do this again next month :0)



It's another busy day today so I'm off to enjoy it...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.