Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Another busy week

Saturday was a fun day of performing with my students at MACfest. My friend Tary and I vended again selling our crafts, for me it was my cards and Tary her crotched Christmas ornaments. Sales were not great all the vendors were saying this but it was a great day. The sun was shining and anytime there is an opportunity to dance it’s an awesome day!

My camera decided not to work that day and my husband took photos using Tary’s camera. When I get the photos from Tary I’ll post them. I put together a video of some of the performances from the day. This is my first attempt of making a video using my Flip Video camera. The video wouldn't load here in my blog so I posted it to YouTube, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3y1CHR7XMc.

Our class recital was to be last night but it got cancelled due to weather. Arizona has been hit with rain and snow for the last several days which is very unusual for us but so greatly needed and appreciated; I love it!! I must say it feels like winter :0) Our high was 59 yesterday which is freezing for us!

I held class last night for all 5 of my classes inside the warm and dry dance studio at the Mesa Art Center where I teach. All my classes performed for each other and we performed dances I taught a long time ago in previous sessions to see if we remembered them. It was a fun evening and thanks to Mitra I got Thriller on film. This routine is performed by the beginning tribal class and they did and fantastic job. The video wouldn't load in my blog so I posted it on YouTube, take a look when you have a chance, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2nqzmQXARE.

My camera kind of worked last night and below is one photo that sort of turned out; I think it’s time for a new camera! Thank goodness Dena sent some photos she took and Wow!!! Thanks Dena you rock!







Next event coming up is a free belly dance lesson I’ll be teaching at Dooby’s on Tuesday Dec. 30th. There will also be an hour of open dancing and performances by those that attend the evening. If you have ever wanted to learn how to belly dance or just love to watch this beautiful art form stop on by. Dooby’s is located at 2909 S. Dobson Rd., Suite 21, Mesa, AZ 85202, 480-756-0469. The fun begins at 6 p.m. with the free lesson at 6:30 p.m.

Have a great week…..

No comments: