Sunday, March 1, 2009

Love Working With Paper Bags

My next card/craft class will be creating cards and bags with paper bags! I'm having so much fun with this ordinary useful medium.

I found some colored bags at Paper Plus a paper store near me and I was thrilled to find them. I was having a difficult time finding colored bags. All I was finding were gift bags with handles and it was not what I wanted. Now I'm on the hunt for small bags that are flat not like lunch bags and I can't even locate them on eBay! If any of you see small bags let me know; thanks.

Below are photos of what I've created and there is one more item we will be making in class it’s a bag album. I hope to make it today it will be on my dog Ratso :-)

The "friend" card is using one of the colored bags I found with dye cuts from my Sizzix machine and Stampin' Up stamp set "I Like Your Style". This is a great card to give a friend with several pockets to stash surprises in.




What a cute little purse to give a present in!!! I took a purple colored bag along with designer paper, some ribbon, several flower brads and a tab punch to make this delightful little bag.



The next card is a card and bag all in one. The bag is inside the designer paper which can hold items of various sizes you just need to adjust the flap. I embellished the front with a bottle cap and fiber.





I know I've shown my husbands Valentine card before; I just love how it turned out so I'm going to brag some more :0)


The stamp set I used is from Stampin' Up and its called "Classic Convertibles".




When I finish making the "Ratso" bag album I will post lots of pictures. I hope to start it today!!


This week I'm so excited the Mesa Stamp Convention is on Saturday and Sunday. After I teach my Pops & Locks workshop Saturday morning there are 3 of us going to check it out and hopefully find all kinds of cool stuff!

What an awesome day this will be dancing, crafting and spending it with friends; couldn't ask for much more.

1 comment:

Debra said...

I went to the stamp show on Sat. Did a make and take with Craft Fantastic, nice simple project. I touched everything and watched demos. I bought copic markers, grab bags of stamps and clear sets.
I enjoyed my day. Monday is craft day with my sista. Happy Stamping :)