Friday, April 3, 2009

Card Class Samples

Hi Crafters...Below are photos of the cards we will be making Saturday April 11th.


There are 5 this month and the theme is unusual shapes. I really like how the flip flop turned out! :-)

The shapes are popsicle, flip flop shoe, match book, flower pot and the last card is recycling an empty ribbon spool to make a fairy birthday card.


The flip flop I used bright yellow paper for a summer look and stamped polka dots for a little style. The strap I used striped paper and added a flower for flare. I drew around the outside in black marker to give it some depth. I gave one of these cards to my cousin for her birthday and she loved it.

The popsicle cards are so much fun and easy to make and yes the sticks are popsicle sticks and I should add unused :-) After some trial and error really heavy card stock works best. I used a scallop punch for the bite out of the popsicle and sandwiched white card stock between the front of the card and lining of the front piece. The bow keeps the card closed. I gave this card to a friend for her birthday and she thought it was so cool! This card I saw in Creative Paper magazine issue 73, 2008.





This card is in the style of a match book and uses a small bag inside the card to hold a tag. The first one I made I didn't fold enough edging to hold the card close; that is the card on the left. The card on the right worked out much nicer and my friend Amber was the lovely recipient of this card for her birthday. She's my friend and dance buddy so of course the card is vintage belly dancers.

This cute little flower pot card is screaming Spring!!!! This is a very simple card leaving 1" for the lip of the pot and cutting the sides in by an inch to the bottom of the card. I just purchased a Stampin' Up wheel of flowers and needed to create something with it. The flower center is a flatten bottle cap and I painted the center pink. I was going to use a button for the center of the flower but I didn't have any large enough so the bottle cap worked out perfect.





I found this cute Stampin' Up stamp set on eBay and never had a chance to use it until now. The base for this birthday card is an empty ribbon spool. I left a piece of ribbon on the inside of the spool and cut white card stock to fit inside the spool as if it was ribbon; stamped it with sentiment and attached sheer ribbon at the end and tied it in a bow. I colored the fairy with color pencils and highlighted the background with chalk. Unfortunately you can't really see the coloring in the photos.



Bonus card I made after I took the group photo and just needed to include in this months card class; it's a cup cake! I found this card in May/June 2009 issue of Paper Craft Magazine.

I still have 2 spots open if you would like to join in on the fun!


Have a great weekend...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK, I was literally hyperventilating over the popcicle and the flip-flop cards, but that ribbon spool card you did is fabulous! I love the little fairy on the mushroom on the front! And just so utterly inspired adding the sentiment as if it were ribbon. WOW!!!!! I wish I could come sit in on your card-making class!!!!!

Awesome!

Chandara/TJ