Thursday, April 30, 2009

Plaza de Anaya Recital

Sunday April 26th was my first recital at Plaza de Anaya and what a great show. All the students did an incredible job in their dances.


This was the first session I taught at the studio and my class was single and double fan veil. I'm so proud of my students that performed with me that day. The first 4 weeks I focused on single fan veil and the last 4 weeks of the session I instructed double fan veils.


The video below is our performance of the double fan veils and Elaine and Karen did a tremendous job. They learned this dance in 4 weeks!!!



Elaine (left), Karen (right)



Elaine, me and Karen


Unfortunately my husband missed the single fan veil routine but he did get my performance of the double fan veils and my Voi routine the class I'm teaching this session.


My hubby and I had another event to go to that of course was the same time as the recital so we didn't see the rest of the recital. I performed 3 numbers and had to leave. I missed some really extraordinary performances :-(


Next recital I hope to be able to take photos of all the dancers and groups and share them with everyone.


It was a great weekend of dancing, 3 days in a row!!!



Double fan veil routine at Plaza de Anaya, music - Waiting Immigrant by REG Project from Arabianights: club & chillout classics


Voi performance at Plaza de Anaya, music - Lodi Garden by Desi Vibes from Dum Dum Project

No comments: