Saturday, August 30, 2008

Fan Veils!



This has been one busy and crazy week!!!

It took two days to dye 24 fan veils; what a project! It would not have happened if it hadn't been for my friends Gail and Debbie. The fan veils turned out awesome!

The first day we dyed the fan veils being extra careful not to get the fan part wet. This is no easy feat I must say and there were a few casualties along the way. Gail is an excellent teacher and I let her do her thing with the dye colors and create what ever she wanted to. Debbie and I did alright not creating any "mud" dye jobs :-) My one experiment using 3 basic colors red, turquoise and yellow turned out to be a pretty psychedelic flash back to the 60's tye-dye fan veil. Sorry everyone I'm keeping this one :0)

We started at 8 a.m. and broke for breakfast around 10 a.m. After eating it was back to work cleaning up everything and letting the fan veils sit over night in the dye. Next day we were back at it around 8:30 a.m. It's still warm in AZ so the earlier we get started the better.

We rinsed, washed, rinse and conditioned 2 dozen fan veils and hung them out to dry and broke for lunch at 11:00 a.m. We were quite the sight walking in the restaurant! We were wet, dirty from my swamp of a backyard from all the rinsing and to say the least our hands and feet were very colorful :-) After lunch back to work wrapping up the fan veils and bringing them inside.

It was a very successful two days learning, getting dirty, sweating, laughing, and creating some pretty awesome fan veils; all one of a kind. Thank goodness my backyard will turn back to green again after I mow the yard. Right now the grass looks like a rainbow; very pretty but not natural :-)

A huge Thank You to Gail and Debbie you both Rock!!!

These fan veils will eventually be listed in my eBay store. I'm teaching double fan veil to my intermediate cabaret class and they get first pick. Classes start on Sept. 9th.

Back to work listing more goodies on eBay. Its Labor Day weekend and I'm running a sale on skirts. I will be listing belts, cholis and hopefully metal buttons today. So much inventory so little time!!! :-)

Everyone have a fun and safe holiday...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can i buy from u fan-vails (Ukraine)? my email leiladance2005@yandex.ru